If you are a UNC Charlotte Student, Staff or Faculty, please see the following information:
How to Sign Up for a Volunteer Shift
- Go to the International Festival Sign Up Page
- Volunteer shifts are arranged by date and time. You can learn more about a volunteer shift (description of task, who has already signed up & comments regarding this volunteer shift) by clicking the name of the shift
- To sign up for the shift of your choice, click the "SIGN UP" button next to the corresponding shift name and enter your UNC Charlotte e-mail address (recommended) or sign in using your Facebook account. If you are already signed into the sytem, you need only to click the "SIGN UP" button once to sign up
- PLEASE ENSURE YOU DO NOT SIGN UP FOR MULTIPLE SHIFTS THAT ARE AT THE SAME TIME OR OVERLAP
- Click the "save" button as the bottom of the page after you have signed up for your shift(s)
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 60 minutes of signing up that will list your shift(s), time slots and shift description. DO NOT DELETE THIS EMAIL!
View Your Volunteer Shift Details
- Refer to the confirmation e-mail you received. This email is typically sent within 60 minutes of signing up. The email will come from "International Programs" and the subject line will be "You are signed up for International Festival 2017" - THANKS." This email will outline the name, time and description of your shift.
- Go to International Festival Sign Up Page. If you are using a browser that is logged into the same e-mail address that you used to sign up, the system should recognize your e-mail address and will say "Continue as Guest" or "Continue as [Your Name]." If the system does not recognize your e-mail address, please use the "Sign In" link at the top of the website and use the same e-mail you used when signing up.
How to Swap Volunteer Assignments with another Volunteer
- Go to the International Festival Sign Up Page (a link to this page is also in your confirmation email)
- Click the swap icon () next to the assignment spot you wish to give away.
- Choose one or more spots you're available to swap with.
- SignUp.com will send out Swap Request emails on your behalf and notify you when the swap is successful
- Note that the Office of International Programs cannot guarantee that other volunteers will be able or willing to swap your shift. If you are not able to swap your shift and are unable to commit to the volunteer shift you signed up for, please cancel your sign up (see instructions below)
How to Cancel Your Volunteer Shift
- Go to the International Festival Sign Up Page. If you are using a browser that is logged into the same e-mail address that you used to sign up, the system should recognize your e-mail address and a pop-up box should appear: You should click the option that says, "Continue as [Your Name]." If the system does not recognize your e-mail address or the e-mail address is not the one you used when you signed up, please use the "Sign In" link at the top of the website and use the same e-mail you used when signing up. Once you are signed into the system, you should see a blue banner that says "My Spots." Once you click on the corresponding shift you want to cancel, click the trash can to delete spots you don't want or use the +/- signs to add or remove entries. Click save once you are finished making updates to your shift(s) OR;
- Contact the Office of International Programs at International@uncc.edu with your first and last name, e-mail address, shift name and time. We can then cancel the shift on your behalf.